Monday, August 5, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



I’m joining Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.


Oh boy, only five books this week. I have no idea what number I’m on for summer #bookaday, I should probably check into that soon. All five of these books were amazing.


Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library is now my first read aloud of the year – it was that good.

Both American Tall Tales and Look Up!: Bird-Watching in Your Own Backyard were terrific and I can think of several mini-lessons I can use them in this year.

Beholding Bee made me horribly sad for this beautiful girl – Bee, but then very happy. This might be a read aloud later in the year.

Fortunately, the Milk was crazy funny. Fifth graders will love the far-fetched story – and it is a super fast read, which will also be appealing. J

I’m reading The Power of Habit right now. Not sure what I’ll pick up after it.

Happy Reading!
Katherine